2. PERFORMANCE:Some men have general anxiety about their performance. They often think that the work that they are doing is not up to the mark. They tend to compare their performance in a specific task to the performance of another individual. This is very unhealthy.
3. UNSUPPORTIVE PARENTS:Lacking self-esteem can be rooted in the different parenting styles that are often used. Unfortunately, some parents are not supportive of their children and are often expecting more and more from their children instead of being happy and supporting their child with the achievements that they have already achieved.
4. “MASCULINITY”There is a false, often negative, and toxic mentality set by society or a certain group of people, as what makes a man a “man.” Certain false standards have been set by some uneducated and people of toxic mentality, that men need to be strong, buff and have little to no emotions.
5. STRESSFUL LIFESometimes the lifestyle that you have set to maximize your performance is what is causing you to have issues with your self-esteem. Sometimes we set goals in our lives that are unrealistic and then we are not able to chase them down.
6. BODY IMAGEIn recent times, men have been more self-conscious about how their appearance and are trying to dedicate more and more time towards “perfecting” their self-image.
7. POOR PERFORMANCE AT WORKWe all have our good days and bad ones. It is important to keep in mind that no matter how bad our day gets or how bad we feel emotional, we should not let that impact our work negatively. A negative impact on our work might have more dire consequences. For instance, poor performance in work over time can lead to a man having low self-esteem.
8. TRAUMAThis is a tricky thing to understand as it can stem from many different sectors in our lives. It can also come from a very early stage in your life. For instance, if you suffered a trauma as a child, such as the death of someone very close to you, then it is likely that this trauma will impact you in the long run. The trauma can lead to lower self-esteem if not dealt with in due time.